Wonderful Opportunity for a Dedicated Montessori 3-6 Educator
Well-established Montessori school, deeply rooted in the educational philosophy and principles of Montessori education.
- Exciting opportunity for a 3-6 Montessori Educator to join a caring, well-established, and highly experienced team.
- Work in a holistic and nurturing environment among the natural beauty of Sydney’s beautiful Northern Beaches.
The Farmhouse Montessori School is an independent, co-educational school spread across two beautiful campuses on the lower Northern Beaches. The school was established by a group of committed parents in 1982 with a preschool of initially 16 students and has now grown to over 160 children across both campuses.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity exists for an exceptional educator to take on a full-time position as the Cycle 1 (3–6) Lead Educator at our North Balgowlah campus. We seek an inspired and passionate individual with the knowledge and dedication to develop strong, nurturing relationships with children, families, and colleagues.
Expectations of the Role
- Successfully manage a classroom of 3-6-year-old children with support educators while ensuring strong educational outcomes.
- Deliver the day-to-day program in alignment with the ACECQA National Quality Framework.
- Maintain a strong commitment to the Montessori method within the modern educational environment.
- Ensure diligent supervision and management of essential records, including individual children’s development, interview records, curriculum planning and evaluation, daily attendance roll, and medication records.
- Collaborate with the Primary teaching staﬀ for seamless student transitions to Primary.
- Support students with learning differences in collaboration with our Learning Support Educator.
- Actively participate as a member of our school team, fostering collaboration with other staﬀ to provide a consistent educational experience for all students.
- Ability to communicate eﬀectively and compassionately with families and the wider school community.
- Demonstrate initiative, a collaborative can-do attitude, and eﬀective and compassionate communication with families and the wider school community.
- Recognised Early Childhood Teaching Degree level of qualiﬁcation or similar as approved by ACECQA and accreditation to teach students Early Stage 1 NESA NSW Syllabus.
- Montessori 3-6 Diploma.
- Child Protection Certiﬁcate (CHCPRT001), as approved by NSW Regulatory Authority.
- Valid Working with Children Check for NSW
- Recognised ﬁrst aid and CPR qualiﬁcations and certiﬁcation (HLTAID004 Provide ﬁrst aid in an education and care setting).
- Full Australian working rights.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary according to the Independent Schools NSW Teachers (Standard Hybrid Model) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2021, commensurate with experience.
- Professional development program and opportunities.
- Beautiful working environment on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.
- Dedicated and supportive team of passionate Montessorians.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our close-knit, fun, and supportive team, please send a cover letter, resume including the name of two referees along with qualiﬁcations addressed to Principal Bruce Rixon at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 August 2023. We are considering contacting suitable applicants immediately, so early applications are encouraged.